SAYTR PLAY @ COTTON CLOUDS FESTIVAL





A few days ago I had the absolute time of my life getting to watch Manchester’s Saytr Play for the 20th time at Cotton Clouds festival. As this was such a huge show for me as a fan and a writer I can officially say this one of my favourite shows from the boys. Kicking off the show with Don’t Go East the lads set a beautiful setting for the rest of the show! DGE always gets the crowd dancing and prepared for the noise ahead. Secondly the boys played VCR - an unreleased beauty which never fails to bring amazement all around the place. Next we come across Honest man which is personally one of my favourites from the boys. It features amazing lyrics and Fred really gets the crowd involved every time they play this. Now we come to Mother’s Love where Fred introduced his legend of a mum and the crowd were blown away and so was I by the amount of people singing. After this we were graced with Everyday Since, a beautiful love song which makes everybody emotional (in a good way!) I can say this song will never disappoint. Bringing the tone up after Everyday Since the lads played Second Hand Emotion - which is fabulous to say the least. All I can say is look out for this song and you’ll see it very soon... Second to last we heard Fragile, the song about mental health and how it takes tolls on relationships with loved ones. This song is deeply loved by everyone in the crowd and you can see why at the lads live shows! Finally we come Bang Average and I’m unsure about what to say apart from WOW. They always bring the set to an end with a bang with this song (no pun intended). To put a good set in a few words - it was fantastic and an amazing 20th show for me. You can catch the lads on their November 2019 tour to which i’ve listed dates and venues below. 23rd November LONDON Notting Hill Arts Club 27th November NOTTINGHAM Chameleon Arts Cafe 28th November GLASGOW Broadcast 29th November MANCHESTER Fairfield Social Club Hope to see many people on the tour! Cheers for reading! - Aimee

Comments

Popular Posts